Service Technicians - AMI Group
The AMI Group are seeking qualified Marine Electronic Service Technicians with the appropriate recognised TAFE Diploma or equivalent, respectively for Australasian locations. The successful applicants will be trained in the support of AMI Group products with the view of a full time and long association with the AMI Group of Companies and offered a working career path which will advance them both technically and into a technical management role.
With over 25 years of excellence, the AMI Group is Australia & Southeast Asia's leading wholesale distributor and agent for the world's best marine, electronic, offshore & safety products.
AMI offer an attractive package inclusive of a service vehicle, Laptop and Mobile phone.
The role reports directly to the Service Manager and includes the following duties:
- Install, repair, update and service electronic equipment on all manner of marine vessels for AMI customers. Navigation/Communication Equipment Service will be the main responsibility of the successful applicant.
- Complete all service paperwork in full and ensure documents are submitted in a timely manner.
- Following the correct procedures to obtain sign-offs both for harbor and sea trial acceptance, as well as submitting completed documents to the relevant manager.
- Maintaining an awareness of technologies new to the market. Be prepared to be trained in the latest marine technologies and products.
- Liaise with customers and management to ensure repairs are completed on time to a high quality level.
- Following best commercial practices for installation, wire checking and commissioning.
- Must be prepared to travel and hold a current passport. Be an Australian Citizen or Hold a PR Visa or similar.
- Must have a current Driver's License
The following attributes, skills and certifications will be highly regarded:
- GMDSS Radio GOC
- Minimum 3 years Radio Survey Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with Navigational, Radio, Satellite, PABX, VDR and Auto Pilot equipment
- Marine industry experience
- Good customer service skills
- Interest in marine industry technologies
- Well-ordered and considered approach to technical work
- Willingness to learn and be part of high quality team